December 6-8, 2023
Maritime Conference Center – Baltimore, MD
The National Conference on Worker Safety and Health
is in person this year – Registration is open!
The National Conference on Worker Safety and Health (COSHCON2023) is the only national gathering of its kind. We bring together a diverse, inclusive and bilingual group of workers, occupational health and safety experts, unions, activists and academics united around common goals. We join together to celebrate and encourage workers’ power, make our workplaces safer and reduce the toll of on-the-job injuries, illnesses and fatalities.
COSHCON2023 will be held at The Maritime Conference Center (MCC) in Linthicum Heights Maryland, right outside of Baltimore, just four miles (or ten minutes) from Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) Thurgood Marshall Airport and the BWI Amtrak ® Train Station. Registration for the conference does NOT include travel, room or breakfast and dinner. You must make your own arrangements for travel and accommodations.
See below for info on booking a room
- We bring together organizers, activists, trainers, worker leaders, advocates, academics- everyone fighting for workers’ lives and well-being from across the country (and beyond);
- COSHCON2023 has a specific focus on workers’ organizing for safety and health, including a full track dedicated to organizers at all levels of growth (from budding to advanced) from all kinds of settings (worker centers, unions, COSH groups, or community organizers)…
- Combined with technical occupational safety and health workshops, such as investigation of workplace tragedies, workers’ compensation legal support, heat/climate related hazards; and
- All the general sessions and the conference app will be fully bilingual in English and Spanish with many workshops either in Spanish or with Spanish translation.
The price to attend the conference is $449. The early bird discount will be $399 before October 20th. Student/Worker Center price is $325 with the early bird price of $300 through October 20th. Prices include registration, morning and afternoon snacks and lunch.
Please Note: A limited number of scholarships will be available! Please contact to apply.
We have arranged a group rate for rooms at The Maritime Conference Center for those who would like to stay on site:
- $162 per person per night for single occupancy
- $207 for 2 people per night for double occupancy
Rooms at the conference center include breakfast and dinner as well as a shuttle to and from the airport or train station. [Lunch and snacks are included with COSHCON2023 registration.]
To book your room, please call and make sure to tell them you are with COSHCON2023 to get our group rate.
The address for the Maritime Conference center is: 692 Maritime Boulevard, Building 2 Linthicum Heights, MD 21090-1952. You can find directions to get there on their website.
There are several other hotels close to MCC. Our room block is available on a first come, first served basis and historically the rooms have filled up in mid November. If the conference center is full, you should be able to find accommodations in the area (though not necessarily UNION staffed like MCC). We suggest you look for a union friendly alternative here: https://www.fairhotel.org/ or download the Fair Hotel app.
COSHCON2023 Preliminary Schedule
Why Should Unions Attend COSHCON?
Presenting a poster at the National Conference on Worker Health and Safety is an opportunity to help conference attendees learn about community occupational health and safety projects and research. Poster presenters illustrate their findings by displaying graphs, photos, diagrams and a small amount of text on the poster boards.
The Poster Session will take place on Thursday, December 7th during the Expo @ COSHCON.
- Cipriano Belser, COSH Activist Award
- We Count! Que Calor Worker Committee, Worker Power Award
- Strippers United, Worker Justice Award
- SEIU 32BJ Airport Workers Campaign, Workplace Organizing Award