COSH organizations around the U.S. are committed to promoting worker health and safety through training, education, and advocacy. Some of the activities that COSHes are involved in include:
- Training workers on a wide range of health and safety issues, such as safe handling of hazardous materials, prevention of repetitive strain injuries, construction safety, and many other topics. Some groups can provide training in Spanish or in other languages. To see more detail about some of the training programs that COSH groups offer, click here. To contact a group in your area, click here.
- Working with unions to integrate health and safety activism into organizing campaigns.
- Advocating for better enforcement of existing health and safety laws and fighting for new protections for workers.
- Promoting a national agenda to improve immigrant worker safety and health
- Advocating for just compensation for injured workers.